Saturday, September 5, 2009

Comfort from Food

I'm back for another short post. The anger has officially set in. Here's a big fuck you to you know who. Well at least I have a couple positions with the Vancouver Farmers' Market going on. But working 16 hours a week at 10/hr doesen't pay the bills, so the job applications shall continue and likely intensify. The real world sucks. But I'm so lucky in many respects and I have to keep reminding myself of that. Not many people ever meet or find the love of their life, but I have. Not everyone has a loving mother, but I do. Not many people have a solid roof over their heads, but I do. So, I'll be okay. Karma, I hope you send some good stuff my way.
The sole and potatoes turned out wonderfully. Perfect actually. Simple, easy, and delicious. Sole is a incredibly tender, sweet, delicate, beautiful fish. I thank you fish for the nutrients and joy that you gave me. It is very much appreciated, especially today. I'm enjoy some Welch's grape juice right now. I've never bought it for myself and I don't really remember having it in the fridge as a child. But a friend mentioned how concord grapes taste like Welch's grape juice the other day, and I thought, I have to have some.
One thing I have to work on with food is although I have a lot of fun and feel energized and empowered when I am making food and I enjoy it when I make it for myself, when I make it for others, I'm just too caught up in their opinion to carry through that fun and energy and empowerment when we're eating. Things come with time and effort I suppose.
On tomorrow's menu? It's up in the air at this point. Maybe some more sole and boiled potatoes. What's simple is often what is the most luxurious in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment