Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Bacon and Brie Sandwiches

That is what I am lusting after right now. I made a bacon, brie, and sweet green pepper sandwich on spelt bread a couple weeks ago and it was delicious. I am so poor right now that I can barely afford groceries. Well, there is a glimmer of light, I was invited to a group interview for one of the jobs I applied to. I am excited and nervous about it; I definitely want the job. Pays decent, is in the performing arts/customer service sector. I go through all the range of emotions in a day, what with being a professional job-seeker and a fucking pissed-off employee, well almost former, of a certain employer (if you have read my other posts, you'll know who I am referring to). Anger, denial, depression, happiness, hope, determination, surrender, anger, happiness, hope, anger, depression,  hope. It really sucks having reality hit so hard all at once-yeah Jess, you need a full-time job-and to be screwed over by the idiocy and disorganization of others. Well, getting the interview shows that my determination and persistence and follow-up and qualifications are getting me somewhere. I just have to keep that up. It takes strength mind you, it takes strength. Anyways, this isn't really about food at all, except for my lack of moola to buy some. However, tomorrow I am buying-what with money made from selling used books and participating in market research at UBC-some vanilla extract so I can make plum cobbler tomorrow. I'm excited! I almost never bake, but tomorrow I will. And it will be fantastic. Maybe I'll even buy some real whipping cream (no fucking cool whip in this house) to put on it. Mmmm. Now I'm going to go have some cheese. And relax. Ahhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment