Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Return of the Chef





A little dramatic? Well, perhaps. But I always had a flair for big, sweeping, vivid language. Well I've been blog-less for almost two weeks now. I guess I just haven't felt the creative juices rushing of late. I've had some ideas: Schweppes vs. Canada Dry: The Battle of the Ales. Ginger Ales, That Is. Most obviously Canada Dry wins. Schweppes seriously sucks butt. Tasteless, no bite, no sharpness, too much carbonation that is somehow weak and "fluffy", for lack of a better word. Another idea: The Best Pizza Slice in Town: The Search Continues. I'm pretty sure Megabite and Uncle Fatih's has FreshSlice beat in my books, greasy hands down. It has been a while since I've eaten at Numero Uno however. I like the piles of toppings that Megabite and Uncle Fatih's put on their pizza, lots of veggies. But what puts them over the edge, their golden gun, is the crunchy sesame seeds on the crust. And I mean, let's be honest, Megabite at the Broadway-Commercial Skytrain station has it made: blasting pizza-filled air out of their store onto unsuspecting, innocent passersby on the street (or starving commuters on the other side) guarantees their success. Even if I'm not hungry, which never seems to be the case when I walk by there, I want their pizza. I mean, want it. 



Anyways, I digress, as this post was mostly to show off two recent accomplishments of which I am personally very proud: one of which is most obviously culinary, while the other more personal and longer to create. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment