Monday, October 19, 2009

My Easy, No Food Processor "I've Got Nothing in the Fridge!" Guacamole

This is a short post tonight because I'm feeling really tired tonight. Ready for sleepy time. But, I am posting my first recipe! *applause*
I decided spontaneously that I wanted to have a snack of tortilla chips and guacamole. But, I was lacking tomatoes and peppers, and a food processor or blender. Let me emphasize this: you do not need any kind of appliance to make effing guacamole, or salsa, or anything of the sort. The less it is blended, processed, junked around, the fresher and better it is. Thus, I scooped out the creamy green goodness of one avocado into a plastic bowl, chopped a couple tablespoons (guestimating here; that's what the kitchen is about ultimately!) of onion and threw that in, splashed some lime juice in there, a pinch of salt, a shake of coarsely ground black pepper, et voila! Excellent guacamole. The onion provides a lot of flavour, so there is no need for excessive salting and peppering. Five ingredients: three of which (onion, salt, pepper) you most likely have in the house all the time anyways! A healthy snack in two minutes.
Here is the recipe in condensed form:

Jess' Easy, No Food Processor "I've Got Nothing in the Fridge!" Guacamole

1 avocado
2 tablespoons onion, chopped
Splash of lime juice
Pinch of salt
Shake of coarsely ground black pepper

Gently stir (fold) ingredients together in small bowl. Serve with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment