Monday, February 15, 2010

We Find The Defendant...


Guilty for culinary achievement in the highest order! The chili was a hit, as you can plainly see on Anthony's face (the unamused look would be because he hates posing for photographs, but he did it for me anyways, and that is why-among many other reasons-he is the love of my life). I love you Baby.


What an incredibly easy recipe. Four ingredients: ground beef, canned diced tomatoes, canned red kidney beans, and chili seasoning mix. Does all the work for you. But, of course, with any recipe, personal flair and experimentation is lovingly welcomed. My replacement for the chili seasoning mix (which you may remember was left in the grocery cart mistakenly) in cayenne pepper, cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper worked tremendously well. I added a bit extra of all of the spices as the chili cooked; it all depends on how spicy you want your chili. I didn't want it so spicy I couldn't taste what I was eating, but I wanted some kick to it. All in all, a solid 4 out of 5. I may add some more tomatoes next time and scoop the tomatoes and beans out of the can instead of pouring straight from it, so there's a bit less liquid in the chili.

Tomorrow night: cornbread from scratch and hopefully some collard greens. With chili, of course. The Deep South in East Van. Night, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment