Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Remarkable Day

"Remarkable". That's a good word. A strong good word. Not used enough. I know I have taken it for granted. That's how I feel right now. Remarkable. Today has been a remarkably wonderful day for food for me. I went grocery shopping! Yay! The first day I have done a full muti-faceted grocery shop in ages, bought wonderful things to cook and eat and enjoy, and not eat oatmeal and weird "i have nothing in the fridge" pastas all day long. When I have money to spend, even if it just $100 in my account, I celebrate by going grocery shopping. Today's extra-special goodies: naturally smoked thick-cut bacon, organic polenta, turkey pastrami, chai masala tea. The basement still smells of delicious smoked bacon. That should be the next goal of some soy candle maker out there: smoked bacon fragranced candle. Made with bacon fat. Oh baby. What's for dinner: fresh salad (chopped granny smith apples; sliced red seedless grapes; chopped celery; cubed soy cheese; chopped red peppers) and maybe a mushroom risotto later on. "Remarkable".

No comments:

Post a Comment