Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Reflection


The Thinking Man. This is how I have felt most of today. When you don't have any money to spend and you have a day off and you're feeling bummed out, you spend the day like I spent it: half-dressed until the evening, sleeping on the couch, checking your e-mail every two minutes, not really doing much of anything. At least I did do the dishes, vacuum, sweep the floors, go out for dinner (which I couldn't afford, but I did anyways), and watch some special features of Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula. For the most part though, not much was done and I was not in a happy space.

I've been thinking about what direction to take my blog. I think I will be posting only twice a week or weekly for now to keep the pressure off and allow for some creative headspace to develop and  blossom. It will certainly still be a collection of my daily experiences with food, whether that be simple recipes, cooking disasters, or restaurant reviews. One new thing is that I have started linking my restaurant reviews to www.urbanspoon.com.

I am excited about my new venture in the foodie blogosphere. Also, looking back on my old posts, back in the blog's first few months, I've realized how far my blog has come and how dry it was before. I'm not saying I'm not proud of my blog's fledgling first few months, but my writing has become more diversified, it is more interactive, more visually appealing, and I have a wider (tiny, but wider) readership, which I am proud of. 

I will likely be slowly over time going to back to this old posts and re-vamping them a bit: more photos, more paragraph breaks, etc.. It is great to see that creative growth however and it motivates me to continue blogging away and enjoying this fantastic medium. 

So, a big thank you to my readers and those who have given me advice along the way. You know who you are and I thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment