Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Fledgling Basement Foodie is Back!

I can't believe it! It has been nearly two weeks since I have posted on my blog. I guess I wasn't feeling the creative foodie juices, plus I have been in Portland for the last five days.
As for the results of my FBF's second poll, looks like we are a divided people when it comes to where our preferences lie for favourite comfort food, but Grilled Cheese is ultimately the winner!


Bread, Butter, Cheese, Victory!

There is much more to come on Grilled Cheese on FBF, as I did make it to one of my chosen food hot spots while in PDX: The Grilled Cheese Grill food cart on NE Alberta. And my grilled goodness, it was worth it. A low-down of my foodie experience in Portland will also be on the blog, spread out over the next few days. 

This post is more to let people know that I am back and that I am still in love with food.

Also, there is a new poll going up today. The topic being...drum roll please...what is your favourite mexican food? Mine? Well, that'd have to be tacos. With mole, salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese, and maybe some chipotle sauce for good spicy measure. Ground or shredded beef is best, but fish tacos are very refreshing. Crunch, drool, yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment