Friday, August 28, 2009

My First Time

Well, I have to say that this first time-my first foray into the scary and liberating world of blogging-is complete with the nerves, anticipation, and excitement of well, you know, that other more sweaty, intimate first time.
I am a poor university grad living in a basement suite in East Van beginning her journey into food, cooking, culinary delights, and giving into the rather orgasmic pleasures of a handmade chocolate from Granville Island. I am saving the Pistachio Nougat ganache chocolate orgasm until later, but the chocolate ganache with peppers of all colours and types was devoured and savoured and very...slowly...melted on my tongue about two hours ago. Ahhhh. Can you feel that? Yum.
I've always loved GI, but today, there was something different about it. Everything seem brighter, more colourful, more incredible, more delicious and exciting, and honestly, I was about to go into a tailspin just being able to absorb all the incredible gustatory delights around me. Prosciuttos, salamis, cheeses, lettuce, peppers, sausages, olives, did I mention cheese, blueberries, blackberries. I'm pretty sure that would be part of my heaven if I could create one. Or just a paradise on Earth. Maybe it is one? Where food and its origins and creation are celebrated and out on full display, no shame, total pride, like a nudie selling organic drinks on Wreck Beach. Or maybe fruit skewers or other "cold beverages".
Anyways, I can't tell you how excited I am to just dig into those blue cheese stuffed olives and kielbasa sausage I got today for the romantic picnic my boyfriend and I are going to have at Trout Lake on Monday. Can I make it until then? I'll just have to stop talking about food to accomplish that. I guess writing a foodie blog won't help much with that. But, hell, one thing we should all indulge in is good fucking food. Really good fucking food. Like my first stab at breakfast fried potatoes this morning. Or the bacon, brie, and sweet pepper sandwich I had earlier this week. All on a really poor-ass university grad budget. If I can do it, you can do it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment